The 2010 Year in Review: I'm Disappointed in America...Terry Crews

Last time I was disappointed in his BET reality show, next month I'll be disappointed in that God-awful TBS show, but today I'm disappointed in his Old Spice commercials and to a larger extent, him. These commercials are not a good look for Mr. Crews or Black men in general. The shucking & jiving to sell deodorant is beyond my comprehension, but I don't have mouths to feed.

However, I do like to believe that I have a little more pride than to sell my soul for a check and give the world an image of a Black man as disturbing as a crackhead in a Viking helmet. Once again, this is the level we've descended when roles are scarce and you have to make a living, but damn, there's got to be a better way than cooning!

Leave a respond