The 2010 Year in Review: I'm Disappointed in America...Steve Harvey "Relationship Expert"

I’m not upset about “The Steve Harvey Project”, even though that’s some bad TV. I ranted about “Family Feud” a little while ago. However, that doesn’t compare to what ran through me when I heard on the radio that Steve Harvey released another book this week built around relationship advice for women. “Straight Talk, No Chaser” hit shelves this week on the heels of his wildly successful “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” and has the tag line “How to Find, Keep and Understand a Man”. Really. Steve Harvey is giving women insight on how not to be single for more than tonight.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, it's never been in my nature, but who are these gullible ass women buying this nonsense? He’s not telling you anything that you don’t know already. He isn’t saying a word your loud-behind girlfriend wasn’t broadcasting to the entire Happy Hour crowd when you were whining about not being able to find a good man at Fat Tuesdays. But here we are again, he’s laughing all the way to the bank and you’re cuddled up with his second book and cookie dough ice cream trying to figure out what you didn’t do right after reading the first book. He taught you to think like a man and you still don’t have a man, so what more can he do?

The truth is, there’s no science to this thing, no one can tell you what to do to find a man. But I can tell you how to lose one, quote these damn books! Each person has their individual weaknesses and insecurities that keep them in a string of bad relationships. So, a self-help book from a nigga that wore a rug on his head for years can’t be your way up. Shoot, Essence has given him the cover next month, I guess R. Kelly is next! Hell, if you want relationship advice, hit me up Teef@askanigga.com and I’ll hook you up. Like I told yall in April, if Steve Harvey is your relationship expert, somebody get him the word that I don’t approve…

Leave a respond