The 2010 Year in Review: Untitled

Negros everywhere are up in arms that the term "Negro" is still included on the census questionnaire as an option for race. I suppose that with a "Black" president, everything needs to be politically correct. Before we get Al Sharpton on Larry King talking about how the African-American community is being dissed again, let's think about this for a second. There's an entire generation of folks that were proud to be called Negro after being called nigger, colored, boy, girl, darkie, coon and everything else but a child of God. There are people who fought to make the term acceptable and standard. So I can understand the inclusion.


Jesse Jackson and his cronies lobbied to be called "Afro-Americans" (Nigga I'm bald!) and that evolved into African-American. However, the truth of the matter is, I'm no Alex Haley. I know nothing about my African heritage and as far as I'm concerned, I'm a Black American from New Jersey. My co-worker from Liberia has become an African-American and his children will be African-American. We all know of my fondness of the N-word, but I choose to identify myself as a Black man, just as there are a million folks that still call themselves a Negro. I know someone's shaking their head thinking that we're setting the race back decades (your mother!), but it really isn't that serious. Especially when no one is telling the NAACP to change that "C", it still stands for "Colored".

Speaking of those Negros over at the NAACP…I thought I was through when they gave R. Kelly an Image Award two years after he made water on somebody's daughter. But they have sunk to a new low by nominating "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" for Best Reality Series. First, why the hell is that a category in the first place? Next, I just can't fathom nominating one of the worst displays of our people for anything that's supposed to promote outstanding achievement and excellence. I know many of you are fans of these trifling heifers, but seriously, Nigga please!

I guess my nomination got lost in the mail…again!



Leave a respond