Hate to See Yall Frown, But I'd Rather See Her Smiling...

…But when I settle down find a woman to live for
Still may be a couple cuties at my door
Thinking we could get down like we did before
And get mad when I tell ‘em it can't be like that no more
I guess I wasn’t clear during our last conversation when I said I was going in a different direction. That was 6, 7 months ago and I guess you still haven’t gotten the message (I should’ve put a read receipt on it). I really don’t know what more you want me to do, how else can I explain it to you? I’ve closed that chapter of my life and though your name was featured prominently in that section, you will not be moving forward with me. I said that differently in March, repeated it in June, rejected you in August and if that wasn’t good enough for you, in December I’m saying…so long, see ya, bon voyage, arrivederci, later, goodbye, good riddance, peace out, let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya, don't come back around here no more, hasta la vista and kick rocks.

Done are the late-night BBM’s that led to late-night visits or text messages asking “what’s good for the night”? Well, mostly, because you just don’t believe what is real. So, I’ll spell it out for you…go play somewhere, I’m busy. I don’t want to have to change my number for one person, but I’ve done more for less. I guess you’ve figured when we met and first started dealing I had a girlfriend, but she and I were living together separately but equally trying to make one another’s life miserable.

Different situation, different Teef. That was nearly three years ago and so much has changed, but not you. I’m not sure if you realize, but that’s a problem, you’re doing the same ol’, same ol’ since I met you. Sooner or later you’re going to have to get past the whining and complaining and actually do something about your life, but I’m starting to think you just want to whine and complain. The one time I tried to have a real conversation with you, you couldn’t (or wouldn’t) answer the questions I asked, so it left me no choice but to think you weren’t good for nothing more than what you were.

I know that’s cold, but we live in a cold world and as your heat bill rises you decided to reach to me for warmth. All you’re gonna get is my cold shoulder and a message from Sprint informing you that you’ve been blocked from contacting this customer. I think you believe you can read my mind, I think you’re illiterate, because you should’ve read them signs on those early morning walks to the car alone, you weren’t the one for me. I know you came a long way for short stays, but I’ve come a long way from those short stays and I’m sorry if you feel like I’ve led you on, but you didn’t have to follow me.

So, I typed a text to a girl I used to see
Saying that I chose this cutie pie with whom I wanna be
And I apologize if this message gets you down
Then I CC'd every girl that I'd see see round town and
I hate to see y'all frown but I'd rather see her smiling

But you chose to ignore me and continue to see what you wanted to see, until you found a vacancy at a place you frequented with no forwarding address. Now you’re persona non grata in the World According to Teef…population 2.

Leave a respond