Play Ball!

The Boys of Summer are back! What a better way to kick off the 2010 Major League Baseball season that with the best rivalry in sports, the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox will throw out the first pitches of the new season and I'm ready! Most of you don't care for American's Pastime, but this isn't out about you, this about the role baseball has played in my relationships with two men.

I have grown up a Yankee fan, but my dad and great-grandfather were always die-hard Met fans and that rivalry provided for the kind of camaraderie that boys need growing up and to sustain in adulthood. My grandfather has moved on and my relationship with my dad isn't always the best, but when there are two outs in the bottom of the ninth, I can always depend on what they've taught me to provide a hit in the clutch!

Leave a respond