To the Break of Dawn


I have a new fascination; I am now fascinated by sunrise. I wake up like clockwork at 4:45am these days and I begin my normal routine of watching the news, SportsCenter and then heading to the internet to read more news and search for interesting tidbits and trivial oddities to fill my brain with and finally write my blog for the day.

A funny thing has happened in the last few days; I actually cease all activity around 6:50 and head back to the living room to watch the sky go from dark to light. I don't know why, but I've become enamored with knowing a new day is beginning. Another day is another chance for me to get better and try again at life I suppose. Over the past two months I've become more thankful for each passing day and hopeful of the next to come. I can't explain why, but the possibilities excite me and I'm not going to challenge them, I'm just going to try to be better than I was the day before.

When night falls, I hope that I can fall asleep at a decent hour and then wake up to do it all again but better the next morning. The sunset doesn't have the same effect on me, I guess when I get to that beach where the water is the lightest of blues and watch it go to sleep for the night, and I'll appreciate it more. Until then, I'm just happy to be part of a day with Sunshine.

We're on the eve of spring and March Madness is in bloom, my brackets have been shot to hell, but that's not stopping me from being mysteriously ill and back on my couch with a sandwich by 12:30…Happy Friday people!!!

Leave a respond