Revenge of the Insomniac

Today just seemed like one of those days when I knew I was going to get a good night's sleep. Wrong! It's 2:59am and I'm wide awake, drinking tea and dealing with the randomness of the insomnia.

Most of life I thought Dionne Warwick was just the lady with the big nostrils that sang songs by other folks and was Whitney Houston's auntie. All of this time, I thought her and Lou Rawls were just two people that smoked cigarettes for too long and were called to host all things Black. After watching a Biography on her I saw that she was a huge pop star singing compositions by Burt Bacharach through the 60's, fell off when the music shifted in the 70's, had a resurgence in the 80's, but was on the Psychic Friends Network by the 90's.

Earlier today I met a young lady named Aquarius...really!

Has anyone seen Phillip Michael Thomas? You mean to tell me they couldn't unearth him for the "Miami Vice" remake?

From the "who gives a damn portion of my brain?" looks like Tiger Woods is returning to the PGA tour to play at The Masters in April.

I know I'm going to get some backlash for this...Michelle Obama is not that beautiful.

Proving Howard Stern wrong, Gabourey Sidibe landed a role in an upcoming film, Yelling to the Sky. On his radio show earlier this week, Stern joked that she wouldn't get any roles, unless they filmed The Blind Side 2 in which she could play the entire offensive line. He also referred to her as the "fat, black chick" and some folks were immediately up in arms to call Stern racist, is that a shocker? But, what he said was true, she is a big, Black woman and we need to stop dancing around the elephant in the room (no pun intended) and tell this woman that she needs to lose some weight. Not just for the sake of her career, but for her health.

Unable to run again, Marion Jones has signed with the WNBA's Tulsa Shock, "calling it a new part of her journey". Better yet, a way to make $35,000 a year without actually working a real job, but I've always been a fan so I'll watch.

After all of the sun this week, rain is forecasted for the weekend, heavy rain! Looks like I'll be laying up with a few movies and books trying to relax and catch up on some sleep...imagine that! More from me later...

Leave a respond