There’s Bigger Issues in the World I Know, but First I Gotta Take Care of the World I Know…


I suppose I was supposed to wake up this morning and write about the car they found in Times Square packed with enough explosives to light up Times Square. Or, I could've written some commentary that incorporated the Gulf Coast oil spill and the phrase "Drill baby, drill!" as chanted by the Republican Party during the 2008 campaign. I guess the White House Correspondents Dinner and President Obama's stand-up routine would've made for a good read too. But the truth is, I wasn't interested in any of that last night, I was focused on Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals between the Cavaliers and Celtics, then watching the big fight between Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley (read "12 Round Decision").

Also, there's more than enough coverage on ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC and in your local newspaper of those events by people who commit themselves to report on things of that nature. Not to say that I don't care about what's happening in the world around me, as much time as I spend in Times Square that was scary, but they're plenty of outlets and many angles for you to receive that information. These happenings weren't ignored by me, I spent the first three hours of my morning reading and watching news reports of them, I just didn't want to give more time than this to them separately. As much as I may try, I can't write about everything I think about and be done before the Lakers play…

Leave a respond