I Want to Talk to You

I've wanted to talk to you for quite some time, but it always seems as if the words got in the way, so I really hope you're reading today. I just want to tell you that I love you and always have always will. There's nothing that could possibly change how I feel for you and I'm sure you don't know, but you mean the world to me. I know I'm not the most expressive person in the world, so there have been times when you really couldn't feel how much I cared or if you were just an accessory in my life, but I believe in you more than you know.

You've always danced to your own music and been independent of any expectation or pressure from peers and I respect you for that, but I want you to understand that it is ok to need someone every once in a while. You have the same stubborn streak as me and pride has led us both to hide our hands at periods when we should've been extending them, at least to one another. I was told mommy that I was a man and would make mistakes, but let me find my way, it was what I needed to do at the time. I understand that you needed to do the same thing, but I wish you would've said something to me, because I would walk through walls to help you in any way possible.

You could never disappoint me, I am your biggest fan and the things you've accomplished I never had the nerve to attempt. You are young, beautiful, intelligent, and creative, the entire world is ahead of you, just be patient and walk your path, at your pace. Life sometimes gets in the way of our dreams, but we don't stop dreaming, we adjust to the circumstances and keep stepping towards those goals.

I don't think you realize how much you mirror me and I've could've done a better job through the years, that way you would feel more comfortable talking to me. I can't change the selfishness of the past; all I can do is make myself available for the here & now and in the future. I am never more than a call, text, e-mail or two hour drive away, don't you hesitate to do any or all if you need, want or just have to talk.

I love you,

Your Brother

Leave a respond