If He Hollers, Let Him Go

What a day to start the new year of work on, Wednesday, hump day! Not only is it the first day to work of the year for me, it's also the first day at work since November 20th for me. I couldn't sleep a wink last night, I had that first day of school feeling, except I didn't lay my clothes out on the bed.

I ended up watching four movies, reading 80 pages of Rick James' autobiography before Jodie Foster did what Johnny Depp, Tommie Lee Jones, Viggo Mortensen, Benicio Del Toro and The Superfreak couldn't. The last time check I remember was 4:53 and I woke up at 7:02. As we begin another year, I am reminded of yester-year and a few things came to mind...
  • Do little girls still play hand games? You know, like Miss Mary Mack, Swing Swing Swing and my favorite Slide?
  • When was the last time you saw someone with six toes or six fingers?
  • Do parents stick it out for the sake of the children anymore? You know, wait until Jr. graduates high school and then divorce?

I was just wondering. Now going forward, there are a few things that I just don't want to see this year...
  • I'm tired of rich white women being all over the place. I don't want to see Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan or any other of the coke heads. Michael Jackson included (Sorry Mike!).
    I wish OJ Simpson, Bobby Brown & Mike Tyson would fade into bolivian (Sorry Mike).
  • It's time for Shaquille O'Neal to retire, Steve Harvey to cut his fade & Michael Jordan to drop the price of his sneakers (Sorry Mike!), I'm serious, it's been almost 25 years, why are his kicks still almost $200?
  • I don't want to see Al Sharpton leading a protest then courtside at the Knicks game and then throwing up "The Roc" at The 40/40 Club, don't think I ever heard of Dr. King sitting front row at a Temptations show? Or protests for kids who beat up white boys then go to the BET Awards or violate probation (Sorry Mychael Bell)!

To all of you who reached out to me after my last e-mail (I GuessThat's Why I Call It The Blues) thank you! The darkest of days are behind me and I got my mojo back! I'm looking forward to a pretty big year, so let's start it of quickly (right!) The first Hump Day Song of the year...

Bustin' Out on the Funk...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarOdfxjuXo
We’re bustin’ out of this L-Seven squareFreaks like you and I could never funk from thereWe’re bustin’ out, everybody come alongWe’re gonna dance on the funk and make love on this song {Bustin’ out}We’re bustin’ out and if everyone agreesPut your hands in the air and sing along with me {Bustin’ out}We’re bustin’ out on the funk {Bustin’ out}We’re bustin’ out on some serious funk, y’all {Bustin’ out}We’re bustin’ out on the funk {Bustin’ out}We’re bustin’ out on some serious funk, y’all {Bustin’ out}Bustin’ out (Ow, girl)Bustin’ out (Sing it again)Bustin’ out (Sing it, sing it, sing it, well)Bustin’ outBustin’ out

Leave a respond