Teef In Progress

Whew! It is cold out there today! I got an e-mail from Florida yesterday that asked why is there a "Hump Day Song of the Week"? It wasn't nothing that I sat at home and thought of doing, it just happened one day when I got to work and it was Wednesday, not far enough from Monday and not close enough to Friday. It was just something to get the energy going on a dull Wednesday morning. Could've been Tuesday, but it doesn't have that same feeling on Tuesday or Thursday.

There was another from Arizona that asked why I didn't start the year out asking for resolutions? I knew right that that person was not an African-American or too familiar with the ways of Black folk! If you're non-black, let me let you in on the secret, resolutions and things of that nature doesn't work out too well for the colored people. We have way too much going on to worry about a resoultion set on January 1st by the time March hits! I mean, we have every intention of sticking to the script, but it just doesn't pan out that way. We are the true water people, we take the form of wherever we are placed.

I can scream all day that I want to lose 30 pounds, but as much as I love fried chicken, that ain't happening! People say I'm going to save x amount of dollars per month or for the year, then the Chrysler 300 comes out or the new season of Coach bags hit the market! See, we're used to not having much, so when we can get a little something, we want it all. We do it B.I.G. We do it to death! It's all about excess, we are a culture of excess! That's black, white, maybe not hispanic, unless we're talking about gold chains and figurines of Saints. So I don't make a resolution, I set the same goal for myself each year and that's to continue working at being a better person, I'm a work in progress.

Leave a respond