If I Don't Like It, I Don't Like It, It Doesn't Mean That I'm Hating

We find ourselves back at Hump Day with a video of Amy Winehouse smoking crack, Heath Ledger allegedly overdosing, and somewhere Whitney Houston is counting her lucky stars that crack is wack!

I'd like to send a quick shoutout to everyone who worked on MLK Day! Sounds funny doesn't it, but some companies actually decided to keep the doors open on a federal holiday. I've always had a rule, if the mailman is working, neither am I! Some will say that Dr. King didn't give his blood, sweat, tears and ultimately his life so we could have a day off, but Dr. Kind gave his blood, sweat, tears and ultimately his life so we could have a day off! Seems like a perfect time to use a floating holiday or to swap out with one of those meaningless days off like Election Day, Arbor Day, Presidents Day, something that really has little meaning to your exsistence.

I do read every reply to my morning thoughts and though I may not respond, many responses come in the form of e-mails maybe the next day or at some point. Much like today's subject, which is just my opinion, which happens to be the right opinion in many cases.

At some point last week or the week before I touched on my feelings about Tyler Perry and someone wanted to know what I had against Tyler Perry, so here it is, I know I'm going to lose some readers for this one... Tyler Perry is a sucker! Yeah I said it! A sucka m.c.! Tyler Perry's plays and/or movies are directed at the insecurites and need for upliftment of black women. Production after production have become tired old cliches aimed at possibly the most consumptious group of people, Affrican-American females.

Nearly every play and or movie follows the same premise, woman is abused physically (and mentally), neglected, feels unloved, has mommy isses, doesn't trust men, goes to church (once), finds a man, doesn't want to trust him, learns to trust him, falls in love, conflict happens, they patch it up and fall in love and live happlily ever after. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

The men in the the productions are marginalized at best, abusive, manipulative, power hungry, without morals, down on their luck, unemployed or under-employed. Brian in the Madea movies is a successful lawyer, raising two kids, has his wits about him, but his wife is a crackhead. Even old Uncle Joe is a pervert. Idris Elba's Monte in "Daddy's Little Girls" has fallen from grace as a high school basketball star, has a record, three kids he struggles to support, not enough money to buy the auto body shop he works at and doesn't quite get it all together until he meets Gabrielle Union's character who is a very successful attorny who goes sluming because she can't find a man.

I didn't even take the time to see "Why Did I Get Married?" because I know he continued to emasculate the men and tell his view of how men and women need to make a relationship work, like he's really in a relationship with a woman! The bad part about it is that its being pushed across as theater, black theater, its Blaxploitation at best. Caricatures of what really is, told from the mind of a man who hates men. I'm guessing that he's still in the closet.

Leave a respond