Like A Week Full Of Mondays

You ever had one of those weeks that seemingly dragged on & on and each day seemed like it was the start of the never-ending week? When Friday seems like it will never come, then you look at the calendar and realize that its Thursday? I'm stuck in that type of warp this week. Except, I know there's ice and below freezing temperatures ahead, so replaying Monday isn't necessarily a bad idea. At least, that's what the forecast says, we know how much of a crap shoot that can be. I really don't have much to talk about today, well, maybe I do.

What is it about football that makes people so crazy? Pacman Jones, OJ Simpson, Randy Moss and the dude who killed his friend after the Jacksonville Jaguars lost to the New England Patriots Saturday. Can you imagine the exchange that preempted the murder? "In your face suckerman, my team is the best!", "Yeah? take this!" Fan is the root of fanatic.

So, Eddie Murphy says he's not going to marry Tracey Edmonds and that lavish ceremony they had in Bora Bora was as far they needed to go to express their connection to people. Sounds fishy to me, maybe Babyface gave Eddie a call. How do you love a Black Woman?

I was trying to avoid talking about this, but Oprah has struck a deal that is giving her a channel. OWN-the Oprah Winfrey Network (very creative) will launch next year and Oprah says will reflect her voice, which the Oxygen network which she made a pretty penny when it was sold to NBC Universal for $295 million didn't. I wonder what voice that is? Is it the billionaire Oprah or fat Oprah that knew she was still black? I'm interested in the programming and if there would be room for me? I'm saying, I could do something called "The Real Nigga Minute" where I could do news updates or talk about what's happening from my perspective and be as politically incorrect as I love to be. For some reason, I don't think Oprah will go for that.

Which brings me to another topic, this Hollywood Writers strike has gone on way too long! American Gladiators is back, Monk is on NBC, reruns are everywhere and American Idol is on the tip of everyone's tongues. I vowed not to watch a moment of that crap this year. I bet Ruben, Katherine McPhee and the old guy won't watch either, being that they're all without record deals now. I figure that I'm going to pack my laptop and head to Hollywood with a gang of ideas and create my own shows, I don't need a union, I don't need proceeds from the internet or any of that. Cut the check and I'll open my mind for all to witness.

Leave a respond