I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

It's been a rough stretch for me, my great-grandmother passed, my grandfather had surgery for prostate cancer, I'm dealing with my own health issues, money is tight, relationships are breaking down, my car is temperamental and it all seems like too much from time to time.

I've always been a loner I suppose, but lately I've been feeling ALONE. I've always kept people at such a distance that its not hard to turn and walk away whenever I felt the need. So, day and night I in sit in front of a keyboard saying what I should be saying to people, but it never seems to come out.

I've been on an extended leave from work since November 26 and I can't see myself going back anytime soon. I'm popping pills just to get a few hours of sleep, self-medicating just to escape the hurt. Moments like these bring to mind many of the darkest days in my life. When I step outside of myself, it seems like my problems are small in comparison to what the world is facing. However, what the world is dealing with seems so small to me many days.

I guess I started doing these morning e-mails for fun, just to talk about what was going on in the world, going on in my world, to give my take about things. But they became much more, it became a place for me to bare my soul, sort of like therapy for me. I had to remember that today is the tomorrow I thought would never come yesterday. I suppose I'll be fine soon enough, back to normal, whatever that is for me.

So, until then, here's a little something that I felt you might enjoy...http://youtube.com/watch?v=jRVBB64PJ8I

Leave a respond