Rapid Refund

I’m headed to H&R Block! They gave Wesley Snipes for three misdemeanor charges! Well, I guess failing to file tax returns on nearly $40 million in taxes is of the strongest misdemeanors around. The prosecutors in his case made sure that an example was set by pressing for the maximum penalty on his conviction. I wonder just how much of that had to do with his skin color? Then again, Wesley was funneling money to Switzerland, Antigua, and some Island named Man. The government was clearly trying to send a message to all of those who believe that paying taxes is unconstitutional or those who just choose to make an attempt at defrauding the government out of what they are due.
As a fellow non-tax filer, I feel for Wesley, hell he did make a $5 million dollar down payment on restitution. Albeit, we’re playing between huge differences in zeroes, I don’t have any ideological reason for not filing taxes. That is, aside from the fact that the government and I pass a few dollars back and forth each year and I don’t have nearly the type of money that they will prosecute me on. Hmmm, I think I need to file a return; I’m not exactly the government’s #1 fan. Auntie C, you think Troy has the time to work on my 2006 and 2007 taxes?

1 comment

Mary Lopez 4:49 AM

Really helped loads!