Everything Must Complement the Feng Shui

From the outside looking in, my life seems like it's out of control to most, but there's an order, a balance to this organized chaos which I live. I can't divulge all of my secrets, but I can tell you that everything must complement the Feng Shui. I don't do a whole lot that I don't dig. If I don't feel it, I don't feel it and if I don't feel it, I ain't doing it. Point blank. My theory of Feng Shui goes as follows: the people in your life have to have parts of your personality or similar interests. In the least, we have to be able to vibe on the most minimal item in my hierarchy of needs. I'm saying, if I eat fried chicken four times a week and you're pulling the skin off of your baked chicken, we ain't gonna kick it too long.

My boy wanted to hook me up with a young lady that he thought was a good fit for me. That is, until he was kicking it with her and her friends and found out that none of them watched 'The Wire'. Three Black women in their mid to late twenties that don't watch 'The Wire', all friends, all in the same room? That should be impossible or illegal, it's definitely illogical. How can she and I connect? How deep can we go? If you don't watch "The Wire', 'The Boondocks', or like the Lakers, we're doomed for failure. Hell, you don't even have to like the Lakers; you can hate on Kobe all game, but if you don't even want to watch the game with, kick rocks!

Now most of this is hyperbole, but the premise is the same, you have to be into at least 75% of what I am. If not, what are we basing the relationship on? I think people really need to examine just how well someone fits into their life before committing to be with them. If your man or your lady gets really high and you don't, how long is that relationship going to go? Bobby and Whitney smoked crack together for 14 years, they could've had it all if someone didn't have to make some money every two or three years.

How many times have you heard someone say they were bored in a relationship? After the love, what did they have? She goes to art shows with her girls, is in a book club, takes the kids everywhere they need to be and he sits on the couch watching SportsCenter drinking Hennessey all night..Duh! Not saying that everyone you kick it with or gets in a relationship needs to be identical, but the people around you should complement you, not be total departures of your personality. You know be the yin to your yang. You know what I'm saying? If yall are out and you're drinking Hennessey and he's trying to figure out if the iced tea is sweetened???

My point is if there aren't many shared interests, there is always someone out there with similar interests that just may be more appealing when that boredom creeps in. The last thing you want to see is your significant other's MySpace page filled with a bunch of people you don't know and they all have on Kobe Bryant jerseys!

Leave a respond