An Insomniac’s Diary

Let me repeat what has become a weekly adage, I hate Tuesday! I hate it even more after sleeping two hours! The insomniac is back! That's actually how this whole thing got started.
 
Back in the second half of 2005, I was having the damndest time going to sleep. I would lie in bed, mind racing, watching TV, watching movies, reading and not fall asleep. Then I'd get up, travel down to the basement and surf the net for hours, researching things I had curiosities about, reading the news, and downloading music, whatever.
 
This after I worked a full day, ran the streets and whatnot. Charlie's Angels was rocking then, so the crew and I were in there making it do what we do. I was very single at the time, so I had a rotation as deep as the Showtime Lakers. Yet, when it all slowed down, I was still wired! I'm talking two, three, and four in the morning. So one night I'm up watching BET Uncut and a gang of thoughts ran through my head, so I started typing. It became a nightly ritual, I was still getting a few hours of sleep, but I was being someone productive, writing 'Memoirs of an Insomniac', which evolved into 'The World According to Teef', where I started to articulate the world from my point of view or as the tag says, a real Nigga's perspective. 

They are just my thoughts ladies and gentlemen, not right or wrong, just what goes through my head. I make some statements that are shrouded in hyperbole, but for the most part, they are my true feelings about the issues. So as I was sitting in the crib dreaming about Lear Jets and Coupes, the way Salt shoops and how to sell records like Snoop, oops. My bad Biggie, but I lay there last night thinking about when Jesse & Angie got back on All My Children, if the Lakers will win the title, can Barack really win, why does the media keep messing with Jeremiah Wright and aside from the half billion dollars, what does Beyonce see in Jay-Z? I realized I had nothing to talk about today!

Leave a respond