To All the Girls I Loved Before (To All the Girls I Cheated On Before)

Ha Ha Ha! I hope you didn't really think I was going there.

Why has Dina McGreevey become the poster woman for wives who have been jilted by a cheating lover? Are we going to have to hear from her every time someone cheats? Her situation is a polar opposite of what Silda Spitzer is going through. Her husband left her for another man, Eliot Spitzer was into hookers! She really can’t offer much in the way of advice, their only comparison is that their husbands were in Government and cheated, that does not make her the authority on cheating husbands. Your husband was into something totally different.

I suppose we need to identify the different types of cheaters.

1. The “Unhappy but Still in Love Cheater” – This is the person who loves his/her mate to death, but is miserable, yet doesn’t want to leave. So they develop relationships with people who have no issue with being seen on Monday, Wednesday and every 3rd Saturday.
2. The “I Cheated by Mistake Cheater” –This cheater doesn’t realize that they have cheated until afterwards, an innocent conversation became dinner and that turned into something else.
3. The “Compulsive Cheater” – It is almost second nature for this person to get their creep on.
4. “The Cheater” – This person is not built for relationships at all. It can be all good Tuesday, but Wednesday they are held up at the Econo Lodge getting their freak on with someone they met at Happy Hour.

I think we expect too much from our mates, we expect them to be as devoted as Jesus sometimes. We are all flesh and blood, many of us flawed, some of us beyond repair. Yet, we love and love hard, through all of the pain of relationships. I know when things are bad with me, they are bad and when they are good, they are the best. I’m just a difficult person to be with.

For the better part of the last eight years, I have been in relationships, be it long-term or numerous short-term relationships. Even some of those short-term relationships have been extended for quite some time. A month or so out of a relationship and I’m feeling the crunch yall. I’ve ripped and ran with the best of them, better than most of them, but I’m ready to slow down to a crawl. 30 is here and it may be time.

Problem is I have someone that I’m very interested in kicking it with, but she’s known me for quite some time and that means she knows my bad habits. So, she has a hard time wrapping her head around the prospect of anything serious with me. There’s the problem with being Teef.

1 comment

wisdom25 11:24 PM

Thanks for your perspective as always. Can the viewers take your breakdown of the cheater as golden? lol Anyhow, the best of luck with this "one". Whoever she is, if she can truly take you as you are and aid in developing you for the greater things to come then it is all worth it.I believe, relationships would be different if the parties at hand can withstand the truth.
So it be as we live behind our facades(we wear the mask that grins, smiles, loves, and cheats on ourselves more than anyone else...) Keep it coming :-)