I Want That Old Thing Back!

Last night, B had her 30th Birthday Bash and it was a stone groove baby! It was good to see many people whom I haven't seen in years and friends that time has pushed a bit of distance between. There were some people there who I kicked it with pretty hard over the years, but I haven't seen since I moved to Trenton two years ago. I realized the other night how much I miss you guys and don’t want it to be years before I see you again. The birthday girl was as excited as ever, I can imagine seeing so many people around who have love for you and have been there with you through the years can cause that.

I don't dance much, a two-step here, a two-step there and I'm pretty much done for the night, but the dance floor got packed closing in on midnight. You know nothing ever goes down without commentary from me, but why can't Black folk get places on time? The e-mail said 8:30, not 11:30.

There were many faces there who were quite familiar in high school, but I hadn't seen them since and that was great. There were a few pleasant surprises (one not so pleasant), Chuck was drunk as usual and Will passed out in the car. I don't think there was one fight and even though the bar was cleaned out (open bar until 10:30!), I suppose a good night was had by all.

Who's on deck to turn 30?

Leave a respond