Radio Free Teef on Your FM Dial

Before I get into what I planned on talking about this morning, allow me to say this: Politics is really starting to look like a place for me. Eliot Spitzer, Governor of New York has been linked to a high-priced prostitution ring. Come on people, yall know someone is supposed to be on the payroll to deal with his compulsions. This should be supplied by the taxpayers of New York, a few duckets from Bloomberg's billions should be able to take care of that.

Now back to our regularly scheduled post...

Most of you are probably much like me on your morning commute; you pop in your favorite CD or your favorite playlist on your IPod and make the trek to the office. My ride in is fairly quick (five minutes to one campus, twelve to the other), so on occasion I try to turn on the radio and listen to one of the morning shows---bad move!

What is this crap that they are pushing across the airwaves? Miss Jones? Big Boy? Please! Remember the KISS Morning Show with Jeff Foxx, Carol Ford, Ann Trip and Bob Slade doing the sports? They gave you a bit of everything, good music, great interviews, news & sports, traffic, weather, humor, all that. The Star & Buc Wild came along and changed the game, forever. His brand of hate was refreshing and brought a new level of entertainment to the morning, but it set a bad precedent.

Morning radio is supposed to prepare you for your day, get you in the right frame of mind to deal with the trials of the office, but what is has deteriorated into lately is just bad. Miss Jones and her crew are despicable, just downright as ignorant as they wanna be. Their show is filled with crass and tasteless jokes, Miss Jones’ bitterness of never blowing up as a singer, just plain trash. We’ve gotten a bunch of substitute radio shows over the past decade or so. Transplants from the Midwest or West, Doug Banks tried and failed, Tom Joyner wasn’t getting it, Big Boy is as dry as an Indian ankles. I guess Steve Harvey’s show is cool, but you have to be like 38 to really listen and enjoy that.

Remember when Ed Lover & Doctor Dre first hit radio? Remember the “Role Call”? That was my joint! Now we get Smackfest and Phone Jacking, so many days I just turn Raheem DeVaughn on and cruise on in to get my day started!

1 comment

wisdom25 9:41 PM

Undoubtedly the truth again! Hmm...Star and Buc had some substance. I still have a taped show that I pop in from time to time. Yes, I was fan. Miss Jones is indeed a diluted imitation of her mentor/lost love Star. Oh well, we must entertain ourselves and possibly continue towards reading the news ourselves instead of getting the 5th side of story in bite size pieces and hearing nonsense through the airwaves. Keep it coming as usual.