SMH @ U, LOL


True Story:

I was at a basketball game last night and a young lady, outraged at a call a referee said these exact words, "OMG, she is cheating!" I looked at her in disbelief, shocked at what came out of her mouth, in public. Even more shocked that her mother had nothing to say to her.

Instant and text messaging is ruining the minds of people all over the world! I be texting my a$$ off (The Boondocks, Season 1, "Let's Nab Oprah", get your mind right), but you hardly see any type of shorthand from me. LOL of course, but that's about it. I deal in too much written correspondence to have 'rite' drop into a letter by happenstance. My students on the other hand, struggle with conventional spelling of words because of the practice of using the shorthand terms when texting.

It's all about of the "dumbing down" of America. Think about it, what was the last "smart" television show that survived? There are the Law & Order and CSI franchises, but other than that, anything that requires analytical viewing gets cancelled. America doesn't want to think when it gets entertained; we want to watch "I Love New York" and "Moment of Truth". We want to see midgets doing cartwheels, idiots doing stunts; we want Reality TV or Celebreality. See, hear, laugh, we might as well watch trained seals!

I haven't watched much TV since November, The Wire, The Boondocks and I'm good. I've alternated burying my head in books and Level and I'm feeling like I'm in a better place lately. More centered, more focused, not polluting myself with much of the trash that comes through the TV. I think I may even try to go a year without cable, I know I'll save some money if nothing else!
TTYL!

Leave a respond