I'm Disappointed in America: The Green Hornet



Bruce Lee is rolling over in his grave as “The Green Hornet” is released nationwide and a moment in time has been sacrificed for the sake of...well, money, what else is new? I’ve seen episodes of the TV series through the years and always that that it should’ve had a much longer run than the season it did, but when I saw the trailer for the film, I realized why it didn’t last. The show lacked the cartoonish angle most superhero shows follow, therefore it will cause much more of a microscope to be placed on society.


Enter Seth Rogen and the integrity of the series, radio show and comic book are shot to hell! C’mon, this is the dude from “Knocked Up” and “The 40-Year-Old Virgin”, I’m supposed to believe he’s driving around town kicking ass at night? Nah, miss me with that! You’ve seen the trailers, heard the crappy one-liners and seen him try to fight. At least they got an Asian guy to play “Kato”, but he has the biggest shoes to fill, so I’m not expecting him to be Bruce Lee. In the least, he can be Bruce Leroy! Hollywood screwed up the casting of “Starsky & Hutch”, “The Honeymooners”, what’s next, casting Justin Timberlake as “George Jefferson”?

1 comment

JMS 12:42 AM

I really enjoyed the film. Good choice in Jay Chou for Kato. Seth as Britt is a idiot.

The message of the film is corruption in what is reported in the media.

I rate 3.5/4