Beautiful Ignorance

What do you have when a former NBA player, currently awaiting retrial fore reckless manslaughter in a case where you accidently shot your limo driver? You get drunk, slam your SUV into a tree and then jump into the passenger side and tell the police someone else was driving! Jayson Williams' life has completely spiraled out of control, but that's not what I'm talking about today. I'm talking about his attempt to deceive the police into thinking that someone else was driving the car to avoid a DUI.

I know it's sad, but you just have to laugh at the beauty of that ignorance. That's what "beautiful ignorance" is, something so far gone, so left, so sad, that you laugh. It almost seems as if you need to laugh to keep from crying. Think about it, have you ever been around a little girl, say 3-years-old and she says words like "afore" instead of "before", can't recite the alphabet, but could sing Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop" ? It's trifling I know, but life indeed. A few of you don't know how to feel right now because I'm talking about your daughter or niece. Beautiful ignorance.

Has anyone ever seen R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" series? We're gonna disregard the fact that there's seemingly 147 chapters to this saga, but the fact that he put so much energy and creativity into the horrendous nonsense, is astounding. I actually spent 90 minutes watching about a week or so ago and couldn't turn the channel. I was transfixed to the screen, even though I knew that every chapter was getting worse and worse. That's what beautiful ignorance does, it grabs a hold of you and pokes at your curiosity, makes you wonder, "What the hell?" I think I just figured out Reality TV…

Leave a respond