Addition by Subraction

In literary terms, the appendix is an addendum, an addition to a document. In reference to my anatomy, it is part of me that caused so much pain that I was rushed to the ER at 5:30am Friday morning and operated on around six hours later. I've been told that over the years the function of the appendix in humans has virtually become nonexistent. However, for something seemingly useless, I'm popping vicodin every four hours to deal with the consequential pain of having it removed.

Seriously, I want to thank all of the well-wishers, those who dropped by the hospital, those who called, texted, tried to feed me soup,sent well-wishes through others and those who prayed for me. Especially the two people that responded at that obscene time of the morning when I said it was time to go to the ER, Bilquis and Chuck, guess I should've listened to you and went to the doctor Wednesday.

Turns out, I'm going to be home for the next few weeks, eating jello with my toes up, looking for craziness in the world. Craziness like, Gary Coleman being jailed for failure to appear in court. Details of the warrant weren't released, but doesn't Gary look like he's saying, "What'chu talking 'bout Willis?"

All My Children watchers are a bit down as Palmer Cortlandt, excuse me James Mitchell, passed away over the weekend. Mitchell played the powerful, manipulative Palmer Cortlandt or Pete Cooney (depending on if you knew him back in the day) for the past 30 years. I think I may watch a couple of episodes to see how they treat his death.

Well, nothing much going on with me, gonna try to grow an afro and a beard during my time off...

1 comment

Unknown 12:29 PM

Evolution can be a bitch sometimes...