I'm Something Every Girl Gotta Have like Levi's

Yes, I missed Hump Day. No, it wasn't because the Lakers lost. I took some medicine to fight off my first summer cold and it knocked me out, woke up yesterday and couldn't get right! The rest of my day was all downhill from there.

I'd like to retract something I said the other day. When I said the comments are slow on days when I'm a bit more introspective or open up some. I totally omitted one group that always seems to have something to say, I like to call them "The Peanuts Gallery", because they remind me of Lucy Van Pelt from the Charlie Brown comics.

This particular group of women always seem to have something slick to say about me, usually based on their experiences with me. You know, I'm so & so, I'm this, I'm that (insert KRS-1 lyric here), but they never miss an opportunity to say something dirty about me. The truth of the matter is, you know me in a certain context and that's your knowledge base of me.

I'm far from perfect, I've never been one to downplay my flaws, but I'm a work in progress. I'm trying to be a better man, a better person, but that's not enough for some, you just wanna take stabs. Now, keep in mind that I said "in progress", so I can revert to being that ignorant nigga at anytime! I know I said before to watch what you say, because if I start naming names or telling some of those True Classic Hood Stories, it won't be pretty. So, watch your mouths, because you know who, did you know what, with you know who (insert Jay-Z lyric here).

Now, on to why I'm something every girl gotta have like Levis. I got these smarts my mama gave me, looks from my daddy. I can make you laugh, think and get angry in the same sentence. I'm good at listening and give decent advice, I can take you in the hood to get the best fish sandwich or take you where the water is so blue! I have a good shoulder to lean on, and a stomach perfect for resting your head. I can get your shoe game in order or tell you to kick rocks! I'm great for dinner and a show or that text after Happy Hour.

I am your Everything Man, too bad I can't be everything to everyone at the same time.

Leave a respond