Pause, Flash! Pause, flash! Pause, Flash!

You know us/How we like to dress up/Go out and hit the club/I'm not leaving here, 'til I get me a picture!

Yall wasn't ready for R. Kelly this morning! But have you ever noticed when you're out that the loudest person in the joint usually has jacked up teeth? And what's he or she always doing? Talking, yelling, laughing loudly, taking pictures! Mouth like a 6 1/2 year-old, no top teeth, no bottom, just fangs, mouth looking like quotation marks all in your face! Spitting all over you!

Never mind that for now, last night I saw The Color Purple (again), this time in Philly with the parents of one of the Youth College programs here. I will never, let me reiterate, never go to a show that far off-Broadway again! Yall know how your folks do; late, loud, eating Wheat Thins, standing, I saw a couple people leave out early like they were trying to beat traffic. Then you had the folks who never cracked the book gasping and reacting to certain elements not in the film. The crowd started filing out before the curtain call, it was sad. Then, they cut the air off midway through Act I and it got stuffy! So, now I'm congested and my throat is tingly!

So, here we are on the cusp of the "Holiday" and AAA is saying gas prices have caused a decrease in travel this year. It's not gas prices, it's this recession that we're not going through that has people in the crib! Got folks waiting on that stimulus check to go to the family reunion! Stimulus check or $4 gas, have a safe, enjoyable long weekend at your cookouts, movies, reunions, trips, whatever you do...just get your butt back to work on Monday!

Leave a respond