Like Sand Through The Hourglass

Fellas, yall can sit this one out, I need to talk to the ladies today...

Ladies, is there an expiration date that you think is stamped to your forehead? I'm just saying, what's the rush to get married and have children? When you start dating a guy, does the countdown to nuptials begin? When is the right time to start talking about marriage in a relationship? Six months? Eighteen months? Three years? You're not milk, you're not gonna spoil!

All I'm saying is what's the rush? Marriage is a huge step and should not be casually tossed around, even in thought! Women put a lot of pressure on men to settle in, commit, do the right thing, jump the broom, commit suicide whatever you want to call it. Pressure, when you know that we're scared in many cases. We've discussed divorce rates many times in the past, but women do not let that deter them for getting their day in white.

You guys are notorious for dropping hints to us about marriage. Got us going to weddings for people we don't even know, girls you don't like, ex-boyfriends, all of that. After eighteen months, you start asking questions like, "where is this going?" Leaving a brother all dumbfounded, like "what you wanna do?", next thing you know Nigga married! I'm sorry, but I need time to really get to know you. Every three or four years you could be subject to some type of Tourette's fit and spazz out! I need to see that before I stand in front of the preacher, God and my mama!

What I want to know is, how long should two people date before marriage is the logical next step and will you leave a great relationship, because you can't see marriage in the near future for the two of you?

1 comment

Anonymous 11:21 AM

You write very well.