Can't Get Off My High Horse

(sing along) And I can't let go, you are the one who makes me feel so real, (start the hand clap) ooh what am I supposed to do when I'm so hooked on you...

Here we are at the top of the hump, looking over trying to find out where we'll land come Friday. I want to clarify something from yesterday (The Re-Negrofication of Barack Obama). I'm not saying people shouldn't be cultured, being cultured and enjoying various types of music, theater and literature is one thing, but to totally engross yourself in something that doesn't represent your voice, views or is not a representation of whence you came, turns my stomach!

I'm constantly asked why I refuse to stand for the National Anthem? When that song was written, I'm quite sure that no one that looked like me was even thought of. That song doesn't reflect the lives of everyone at that time. Please do not forget that we were 3/5 of a man (still?) at the time, so to stand, remove my hat and gaze at that flag will compromise my beliefs and I just don't do that. There are many of you in your responses say some pretty nice things to me & suggest that what I do should be published somewhere; thank you.

But, here's the thing...Most of my daily e-mails are published to a blog along with a few things that you may have never read. I log in a few weeks ago and there's a notice from Google saying something to the effect that due to objectionable material you have to agree to move forward to read the blog. There's the rub. I cannot have what I decide to write marginalized or censored, I cannot be told what I can or cannot right about, who I can talk about who I can't or I can't be critical of so-called institutions on America. I wonder what it was that I said, could it have been that Tyler Perry is gay, Oprah wants to be White, Britney Spears is a dopehead, White people are evil or OJ did it? Sorry for telling the truth about things...

Leave a respond