The Bullet or The Ballot - The Super Tuesday Edition

Super Tuesday, Super Tuesday, it's on the tip of everyone's tongues. Barack vs Hillary, Hillary vs Barack, John McCain should cement the GOP. 21 states are voting in the primary today (Vote or Die!) and they say by the end of the day we should have a clearer picture of each party's leader. I say its nothing more than a survey, therefore for I'm not voting today, I don't do surveys! I don't even do the survey to get 20% off of your meal at Red Lobster if you call the 1-800 number.

Here's what's going to happen: If Hillary maintains her slim nationwide lead over Obama, people all across the country are going to go into Anti-Hillary mode. If Barack manages to win, he's going to die in the morning! I kid, I kid, but the country would go anti-Barack. Please believe that we're going to get a race out of this!

I watched Chris Rock's Head of State last night, which is of course about a black man running for President. here's a very interesting line in the movie which made me think about this election, the Senate majority leader had designs on the White House in '08 wanted to put a minority candidate in the election to gain the support of the minorities for the party for his Presidential run. I'm not sure who the Democrats could have lurking in the wings, but to push an African-American and a woman this election could lead to some votes down the line in case it doesn't go well for either come November.

I realized today that in six months I turn 30, depression has started to set in

1 comment

wisdom25 8:43 PM

Interesting point about the surveys and the primaries. In my opinion no survey is every truly reflective of the mass but in this case the results motivate the candidates and sway the public to go the way you would want if you utilize your voting opportunity. Honestly, it wasn't until the last election that I even thought of the world delegates. I had no idea and I am slightly embarrassed to admit this but admitting ignorance is a part of learning. I'm scared for Obama myself and I figure at this point he can't be that out of the loop of the hatred spewing in many people towards "black" people in high positions. Caring for America, please... He knew he was a target when he decided to run. Thus, I believe in the higher power as well and if protection is available for Barack then let the elections begin.
Gotta love Chris for his psychic abilities. :-)

What's up with the 30 and depression. Being a black man should be more of a issue. While, love "most" black man I recognize it is hard for a brotha to maintain enough without worrying about age. Stay strong and love life whether 20/30. It's relative besides the aches and pains...just messing with you.