Super Bowl Shuffle

OK, good game, congratulations to the Saints, congratulations to the city of New Orleans! The Who performing at halftime was a reach for me, but as much as I hate to admit, America is much bigger than just me. I remember back when "In Living Color" used to do a live halftime show during halftime, where's that type of creativity in television programming, it's gone the way of Reality TV.

Folks stopped watching the big game for the game a long time ago. The pomp and circumstance of the Super Bowl is what's in now, especially the multi-million dollar ads that play throughout the game. Well, at least that's what I was watching for.

There were a few standouts, but many of the commercials were just dull or over the top. Back to back commercials with everyone in their drawls? Doritos lost some points with the funeral bit and what was that Dove commercial all about?

So, here are a few of my favorite commericials that premiered during the Super Bowl last night:

NCIS: I've never seen NCIS, but CBS did a great job splicing in clips of the show with hilarious real-life scenarios featuring the head slap!


FloTV - I have no clue what FloTV is but they did a great job of putting together some of the most notorious moments of the past 50+ years and I suppose using Super Bowl halftime performers The Who's "My Generation" was perfect timing.


Bud Light - I think they had the most ads last night along with Doritos, but this was by far the best...until T-Pain appeared!


Snickers - Hilarity ensued with Betty White taking hits!


Dodge Charger - I am in the market for some American muscle after this commercial! And women say we don't compromise, listen up...


E-Trade - They struck gold again with the baby...


Volkswagen: VW took us back to a game we all played as children with their "Punch Dub" commercial, even a very nice surprise at the end.


Doritos: This was by far my favorite of the night, because I know little dudes feel like this when they see a new dude checking their mom out!

Leave a respond