America's Online...Except Me!

So Mother Nature finally did us a solid and dropped a load of snow on Friday, shutting down schools, buses and maybe your job. My gig is opening at 11, but won't see any parts of me until Monday, because I'm hoping that Comcast makes the Nordic trek and comes to get my internet service in order. I've been prehistoric with my connectivity all week and it's getting frustrating.

After waiting as long as 20 minutes for pages to load Sunday, I called to schedule a service appointment for Tuesday morning in the 7am - 9am range and dude arrived about 8:15, looking tired and generally like he just didn't want to be here. He ran his diagnostic tests and told me that everything checked out fine, even after the call center told me there was an issue, so he went walking outside.

Then he hit me with the 52 fake out. He went out and unplugged the main cable connection (SportsCenter went off) and then came back in and headed to my office. I was caught up in the highlights and let him do his thing. Ten minutes go by and I hear him laugh, figuring he called in for help, I didn't pay it any attention. After five minutes more I decided to check on him and I find dude reading my blog! He looked at me like it was all good and said, "This is you? This is some good stuff." If he wasn't 6'3, 250lbs, I may have gone upside his head, but there wasn't any reason not to have internet access and get my ass kicked!

He packed up his gear and told me that he couldn't find anything wrong. Nothing wrong? Ten minutes for a page to load is something very wrong, this is supposed to be High-Speed Internet, that may have been cool back in '96 when we were logging on to America Online 2.0! Miraculously, I’m able to flow around the Net a little faster this morning, a few hours ahead of my appointment, but best believe they’re gonna do something with this modem this morning. They @#$% you with the internet service!

Leave a respond