This Christmas

This Christmas was the perfect opportunity for Black America to destroy the myth of Santa Clause and introduce practicality to their children...but you know niggas! We gotta keep up with the Jones', Jacksons', Chans's,Tannenbaum's and Garcia's!

It is the worst financial time that we've ever seen and folks are out spending the light bill money on Wii games or whatever. There's a good chance you may not have a job tomorrow, might want to explain some fiscal responsibility to Jr. before you're standing in line for a cot at the YMCA.

Christmas always held a special time in my heart as a child, not only because of the mountain of gifts I would wake up to on Christmas morning, but the fact that my entire family would gather the next day for dinner. Wait, we did that every Sunday, so it must've been the gifts right?

That feeling of togetherness, the feeling of everyone being from the same love, that's what Christmas is to me, I'll trade the thousands of gifts I received as a kid to spend this Christmas with my entire family, but I can't and I won't...

Leave a respond