You Can't Handle The Truth

This has been the longest week ever! We've made it over the hump and are safely sliding into the weekend. Hopefully your weekend won't be anything like mine, consumed by research and a few shots of Level to keep you going!

After almost 30 years, BET has finally gotten something right (aside from realizing that we needed to see Rachel everyday!). I'm talking about S.O.B. and We Got To Do Better. Both show were able to critically analyze where we are as a culture. We Got To Do Better aka Hot Ghetto Mess wasn't anywhere near as offensive as people were anticipating, actually, it should've helped to wake a few people up. If you caught it, did you find yourself grasping for an answer to one of the questions asked on the street?

I know a few people who don't know what the NAACP stands for. Hell, I've even heard it called the NWACP in an open bar setting and no one took to the time to correct that young lady, maybe they didn't know themselves.

Did you see the part of S.O.B. when the patrons realized they were eating in a segregated restaurant and the white guys were the only ones to leave? Yet, the brother took a separate seat from his friend because he wanted Lasagna! Interesting how far he allowed himself to be pushed. If only the shows were longer and came on earlier. I'm waiting to read the ratings numbers, because I'm quite sure more people tuned in to Charm School than either of those shows.

MySpace finally showed a real purpose for me. Over the weekend, I look into my inbox and there's a subject line that reads "It's your girlfriend from kindergarten", it took me a second because I had three of them in kindergarten (recognize a playa). But it was someone that I had not seen in over 15 years, but crossed my mind around a month ago and asked about.

Leave a respond