Memoirs of an Insomniac - Pt. 2

Another night that I can't sleep, so I'm forced to find ways to amuse myself until I'm able to take it down for the night. Well, tonight it's "187" starring Samuel L. Jackson, horrible film, but it brings me to the topic of Samuel L. Jumping from bit parts in "Coming to America" and "School Daze" to his breakout role in "Pulp Fiction", he has become one of my favorite actors. But, sometimes I think he's just takes roles to get a check, case in point, "Formula 51", "The Caveman's Valentine" and "Deep Blue Sea".

I suppose upon reading the part designed for you in a script it may seem like a good film, but damn, those three movies had to read just as horrible as they were produced on film. Yet, when presented to play a role in "Get Rich or Die Tryin", he stated that he didn't want to star in the the film with a rapper in his first role who is getting the film based on name recognition. He said this, despite the fact that the film was being directed by a director (Jim Sheridan) whom he said he's admired and been dying to work with.

I can understand where he's coming from, I don't think I would want to do a movie with 50 Cent either, the boy talks like he has a pack of Tic-Tacs in his mouth. However, if you star in a film like "The Man" with Eugene Levy that whole I do this for the art of it kinda goes right out of the window. I haven't seen "Get Rich..." and I probably won't, well I won't pay for it, but if Samuel L. Jackson was in it, I would've been more inclined to see it. Even though, Terence D. Howard is starring in it also, that's not enough to get me to watch 120 minutes of 50 Cent on film.

I imagine we all would like to be taken seriously at our chosen professions, but moments of hypocrisy chop into that level of respect. I still applaud Sam Jack's decision to stand on principle, but I just wish he would use that same judgement when approached with other roles.
Throughout my late night internet journey I came across something that Chuck had told me about weeks ago, simply hilarious, Bobby Brown & Mike Tyson performing "Monsert Mash" on The Jimmy Kimmel Show.
In the words of Lauryn Hill, "It's funny how money change a situation!" In this case, lack of money, is this what these two have been reduced to? It's sad when Mike Tyson is doing the Slop in Vampire Getup on late night TV! This nigga blew $300 Million and got knocked the hell out by some non-descript dude who's name I can't even remember right now (Not Buster Douglas). And Bobby? Well we all know "Crack is Wack!"
If you ever wanna see somebody get knocked the F out...http://www.fight-videos.net/

Leave a respond