This Black History Minute is brought to you by 13 or 14 Years of Public School




I love how I woke up today and all of a sudden everyone is John Hope Franklin or Skip Gates. Who? Exactly! If those names don’t ring bells, keep your asses off Google trying to spread Black History facts! I’m always amazed at how some of the most backwards thinking folk become progressive as the calendar flips and suddenly are card carrying members of the NWACP (I really heard that once).

Valentine’s Day and Black History Month really cause me to hate February, because you and your cousins lose your minds and totally get caught up in the hype of the propaganda surrounding both, when you should honor them equally year round. But I can’t tell you that, instead I’m supposed to share random facts about historical achievements by Black folks or suddenly, I’m not Black enough? Most of the cats I see “honoring” Black History Month are quite hypocritical and ignorant in the way that they don’t revere history universally, but turn into scholars come February 1 and fully display their pride. 

Pop Quiz: Did Google alter their homepage to honor your search today? I thought not…

Besides, how can I celebrate Black History Month when “The Game”, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” and “Basketball Wives” are obliterating years of struggle and progress between commercial breaks? You want to celebrate Black History Month, preserve it, January 1st – December 31st, not just within a 28 (29 in a leap year) day span.

Leave a respond