The Monday Morning Blues

A rainy Monday after a long weekend is the absolute worse! Quiet as kept, yesterday was my birthday. Some years my birthday is a very big deal to me, others, I just like to let it go by quietly. This was one of those quiet years. My birthday is a very awkward time for me, because two days before is my grandmother's birthday who passed away just under 11 years ago. I go from one extreme to the other over the course of 72 hours.

So, I greeted Friday morning with tears and closed the weekend bursting with laughter and in between I tried to do a few things that I remembered that I used to enjoy. Like, I spent Saturday at Dorney Park, but I quickly remembered why I don't like amusement parks that much. It's hot and then you add the foreigners and nigras to the equation and you get a day from hell. I'm talking all immigrants, Haitians, Africans, Jamaicans, Asians, Middle Eastern Indians, Guatemalans, Puerto Ricans, all of them! Just a bunch of rude bastards!

Then, there must have been a sale in the hood or something, because the most embarrassing bus loads of black folks you have ever seen! I mean, the type when you look at white people and give them a glance like I'm different. The type that you cover your eyes with your hands and peek through your fingers at. The type Bill Cosby talked about! The type we used to be, before we found some sense! I'm talking about straight out of a rap video on BET type of black folks!

Leave a respond