Only The Lonely

Remember when you were young and you played outside the entire day? Then, when you came in your mom would scrub the back of your neck? I took the scenic route home yesterday evening and I saw no little girls jumping double-dutch, no two-hand tag football games in the street, no water fights, nothing! What do the kids do for fun?

I got a strange and disturbing e-mail in response to the e-mail I sent out Monday morning. To sum it up, I was asked who I was, who I think I am, and a bunch of other questions in a very accusatory manner. I was taken aback, because the e-mail was a few words short of calling me a sellout or something of the sort. I guess for some people I'm just Mr. Fun and Games, then when I switch gears, maybe some folks can't handle it. I have noticed that on days when I go a bit beyond talk of celebrities or some tidbit from my life, the responses dry up.

If my daily looks in the mirror causes you some sort of discomfort, tough! If you're not embarrassed, repulsed or sickened to your stomach when you see certain behaviors, or ride through certain areas, then it may be time to pull your eyes out of your head and train them on yourself!

I'm far from perfect, but I man up to any weaknesses that I have. So, when I see three kids killed in a schoolyard weeks before they were to depart for college, my heart cries out and I wonder where we are headed. My daily commentary, whether introspective or social, is meant to make you laugh, reminisce for a moment, challenge you, but most important, make you think. If that's not what you need in your life, where are you headed?

So who do I think I am? I'm Tracey's baby boy, Buggy's son. What gives me the right to write the things I do? Maybe the research, observation, and experience I have entitles me to say a few things about certain areas. Maybe years of no one saying a word, how about its time that someone says something?
Finally, if you read something that makes you feel some type of way, good, I did what I came to do.

Leave a respond