Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Shucking & Jivin'

Looking out on the morning rain, I used to feel so uninspired and then taking a look at the world, I’ve been so tired. I admit, I’ve lost my mojo, I’m just not stimulated by what’s going on in the world these days and if you’ve been reading since the beginning, you know that I can’t what I write.
However, I feel a jolt of inspiration on the horizon because Lil’ Wayne has been released from prison after a little bid for gun possession. It doesn’t even seem like he was gone because he recorded enough music on his way in to keep him in heavy rotation while he cooled his heels on Rikers Island. There’s a new album that was released, singles with Eminem and Drake, he stayed in the news because guards were smuggling his music to him and every third nigga was yelling “Free Weezy!” Truth is, I don’t give a damn about Lil’ Wayne and was doing pretty good without having to see him all of the time. But I guess that’s over now…

George Bush writes in his upcoming book that Kanye West's comment on the Hurrican Katrina telethon was among the worst moments of his presidency. Really George? How about the moment we were all watchin for? How about when the towers went down? The subsequent war? The foreclosure crisis you left the country with? You dumb ass!

Tomorrow is the day; your savior Tyler Perry releases his latest offering, For Colored Girls…, the film adaptation of Ntozake Shange’s classic choreopoem “For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf”. If you remember, I was ready to go on a shooting rampage when I found out he purchased the rights and I’ve openly campaigned for a more responsible director to handle the film and a real writer the script, but your favorite director would never do that. More on this tomorrow…

The hoods of Facebook and Twitter have returned to their regularly scheduled shucking and jiving after pausing on Election Day to encourage everyone to vote, but after the results were in, the talk returned to Lil’ Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and more nonsensical topics. It was refreshing to see the attention placed on the midterm elections, but there were way too many people that sat out the election in pure ignorance, those folks I don’t want to speak to ever!

These are the same people that bitch and moan about lack of opportunities, tax increases and not having a say, but the chance to make a difference lost out to a day on the couch. My lady and I broke speed laws to vote in two separate states, while folks didn’t go two square blocks to cast theirs. I saw a woman at least 70-years-old using a walker, weighted down with bags, walking slowly from the polls, if she made it, what’s your excuse???

No, the revolution won’t be televised, it will be voted on and your cousins will miss it…I guess I got my mojo back!

1 comment

Drew-Shane 12:30 PM

So much going on, so nothing really going on. Bush and Kanye??

LOL "your savior" well praise Jehovah!

#welcomebackweezy