Things Just Get So Crazy, Living Life Is Hard To Do

In the last couple of weeks, I've gotten e-mails, texts, been asked, heard other folks asked, "what happened to the morning e-mail?" Truth be told, I'm a little burned out, I had a bittersweet summer filled with indifference that has left me in a weird space. I had a milestone birthday that naturally causes you to reflect on your life and assess where you are now and where you're headed. I'm good with that, like most everyone else, there are things I want, areas I want to change, so that didn't become a major issue with me.

However, ten days before my birthday my great-grandfather died and that left a huge void in my life. 1051 West Sixth St. is the house where my grandparents lived and for the first 29 years and some odd months of my life, it had always been a place where I found solitude and a measure of sanity. Whether it was sitting and talking to my grandmother, watching baseball or a western with my grandfather, eating with the family, swimming, I would always leave feeling good about things.

Within an eight-month period they both passed and left me flying without a net, left me feeling alone. Truth is, I've always wanted space and loved being alone for stretches, but at times lately, I feel completely abandoned. It's been three years since my mother moved to Oklahoma and I'm too stubborn to ever forgive her for that. I love my dad, but the truth is, we've never had that type of relationship where I could articulate what I feel to him and the rest of my family is scattered and dealings with their day to day lives. Hell, even all of my friends live at a distance from me except for one. So, many days and nights I'm alone staring at the four walls in my living room wondering what's next for me.

I've sat at the keyboard plenty of mornings and started to write something, but couldn't put the words together to string together something worth reading. There's been plenty of me to talk about and I've been holding most of it in the back of my mind, like:

The Olympics...I know many Jamaicans and the only things they do fast are talk, smoke a spliff and say Selassie i! So, how long until we find out what type of designer steroids is Usain Bolt?

Michael Phelps for that matter too! He swam like he has the only pool in the world!

Sarah Palin...'nuff said!

I could've done a Fall Television Preview, but there's no Black people on, so I'm not turning the cable on for that!

Tyler Perry released another horrible movie, this time with White people in it and people still flocked to see that predictable mess...gotta love people!

I guess I could've said something about the country's economic distress, but po' folk gonna po' folk, maybe it's time for some rich folks to become poor folk! Obama for CHANGE right?But I just did that in 35 seconds, maybe I'll have something to talk about tomorrrow...

Leave a respond