I Don't Care What They Told You, 30 is Not the New 20!

Let me begin by saying thank you to everyone who called, texted, e-mailed dropped by or sent up prayers of comfort for my family and I following my great-grandfather's death. It has really been an emotional stretch for us as he passed eight months after my great-grandmother and was buried next to her Friday and a short ways from my grandmother who passed away nearly 12 years ago. it just so happens that her 65th birthday was Sunday, so I've been a little down transitioning into my own birthday.

For those of you who didn't know, today is my 30th birthday and I really don't feel any different than I did yesterday. Well maybe I do, being that I never thought of being this old. So I guess I have to create a new plan, for life after 30. Last week I decided that with everything going on, I was just gonna keep it low-key and spend the day with my family and treat it like any other birthday. But, like my boy Jason from work says, 'No more 2's!'

So it is officially a celebration, the 30 days of Teef! I got started last night by attended a Erykah Badu concert in Brooklyn and I'll be keeping it going this evening with a little get together at Candlelight Lounge (24 Passaic St. Trenton, 08611) with a few friends in the midst of their Customer Appreciation party after work. I know it's a bit of a hike for many of you, so if you can make it down, great, if not, cool. This will be a roving celebration, I'm going to give all of family and close friends a chance to partake in the party. It's a big month, my sister turns 21, a couple of my special friends also turn 30, another friend is celebrating a birthday, Michael Jackson turns 50 and there's a little matter of this trip I won to Vegas that I have no one to take with me...

So, to all of you who have taken the time to wish me a 'Happy Birthday' already, thank you and to that person who sang it on my voicemail, hilarious! Hope to see some of you guys tonight, we're back to business tomorrow...(maybe)

Leave a respond