...And A Happy New Year

Wow, it's 2007! Still not living in the skies, cars still aren't flying and we still don't have robots as maids, The Jetsons was all a lie! So, how was your New Year's Eve? I spent the day and most of the night with some very close friends, Benson & Stabler. Between the SVU Marathon and watching a movie from each of my DVD racks, I was laid up on the couch all day and barely made it to midnight. Had it not been for my Dad calling at a few minutes to, I would've slept through the hoopla.

Now, what is supposed to be the first regular day of year has turned into a circus, they've closed courts, the post office, the stock exchange and more for Gerald Ford. I could understand if Betty Ford died, at least she gave us The Betty Ford Clinic, many an addict can be thankful for her, but Gerald Ford did nothing!

Have you broken your resolution yet? What are your resolutions? What do you have planned for yourself this year?

Did you happen to catch the coverage of the James Brown Memorial Service on BET? Leave it to Black folk to turn a homegoing into a concert? I was waiting for someone to throw their panties on stage! They had James up there in one of his Cap'n Crunch jackets, Al Sharpton as the M.C., special appearance by Michael Jackson and people just destroying James Brown's classics. I know James was watching over this thing like, "Look at these Niggas!"

Now, today they have Gerald Ford's funeral all over the tube, like someone really wants to watch this crap! Kinda makes me wish I had to work today...sike!

Leave a respond