All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, bill collectors nipping at your nose! By a show of hands, who maxed out their Visa for Christmas gifts? Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to wish you & yours a Happy Holiday and ifyou must buy one more gift...why not make it for Teef? Here's a list of websites that you can find a few of my favorite things(Ralph Lauren, Best Buy, Banana Repulic) or if you really want to do something nice, do this for me (Comcast) pay my cable bill!

Anyway, I saw Dreamgirls last night and after what amounted to a $200 movie date, I loved the movie! I'm not one for all of the manufactured Beyonce vs Jennifer Hudson talk, but it wasa great performance by all. It was a film with that musical appeal, because people cheered after musical numbers, gave a standing ovation after the film and as the credits rolled acted as if the cast was giving curtain calls. It's definitely one of those films that my entire family would go see together (minus me in many cases), now that's a Christmas wish.

I remember back in like '82, '84 my grandmother came home with a Playbill of the Broadway show and raved about how great it was, I can imagine the moment Jennifer Holliday busted in "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going", because when Jennifer Hudson performs her part, I got goosebumps and even a little misty eyed. Yeah Teef gets emotional at times! Tell me you didn't feel something when Cochese was killed? When John Q. gave his "I'm not going to bury my son speech", you didn't budge? What about when Choir Boy hit that high note at the Apollo? I know you felt it when Bodie got killed on "The Wire"? If not, you're heartless!

One question, is it cool for two guys to go see "Dreamgirls"? Don't know if this is the flick, I want to go see with the boys. After the film, I run smack into Brian McKnight! I mean, literally, right into him. Dude wasn't watching where he was walking, dude looks old too! So, anything special planned for the holiday? Oh yeah, don't worry about my gift not making in time for Christmas, there's always Kujichagulia or Ujamaa. Get your Kwanzaa on!

Leave a respond