Can It Be When It Was All So Simple

New Ghostface! Yall need to go out & get that new Ghostface album "Fishscale". It's that new hotness, I've been waiting for it, because I think I OD'd on "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" and the rest of the Southern invasion over the last few months, well, over a year I suppose. We need that Def Jam Debut from Nas soon!

Sometimes I sit around and wish for the days when I had not a care but being in the house before dark, just to ask can I go right back out. I was only going about a hundred feet from my Grandmother's yard, but I still needed permisson because it just wasn't safe to be out at night playing or doing whatever kids do at night.

I was never a huge fan of cartoons, so Saturday mornings for me meant WWF wrestling and then Soul Train, "the hippest trip in America". I really loved Soul Train, never understood why they always Lip Synched the songs or why the Scramble Board was always so damn easy, but I loved Soul Train.

I tried watching it a few weeks ago and I was saddened by what I saw. It's merely a shell of it's former self! The host is nowhere near as cool as Don Cornelius and the dancers lack personality, no one stands out. Tell me you don't remember the Asian girl who snaked and wormed all the time? Or how about Louie with the shades and hat; driving gloves and cane? That yellow brother posed all around the stage and popped up in videos like he was a star!

A little known secret of mine is that I've always wanted to go down the Soul Train Line! I used to get alone in a room and figure out what dances I would do down the line. Sad thing is, I'll do those same dances right now. I can't lean wit it or rock wit it down the Soul Train Line. Go ahead and laugh at me, but don't act like it never crossed your mind, so come on, take a trip with me down the Soul Train Line!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2685060?refsite=7063&ns=1

And as Don Cornelius would do, I bid you love, peace & souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllll!

Leave a respond