It's A (White) Man's Man's Man's World!

I just hit the 3pm wall ahead of what's about to be two weeks of solitude, when I decided to see what was going on in the world. Let's see, President Obama traveled to Denmark in hopes of giving Chicago a boost in gaining the 2016 Summer Olympics. He didn't help, Chicago was eliminated first and I'm saving a dollar a day to get to Rio!

Kanye West and Lady Gaga's tour was cancelled...shrug!

There's a real battle brewing over director Roman Polanski's arrest. I really don't see what the fuss is over. It's cut and dry to me, he was convicted of unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl to avoid a rape conviction 31 years ago and fled the country the night before he could be sentenced.

The good old French took Roman into their bosom and allowed him to hang out there for the past three decades and even keep making films, did you see "The Pianist"? He had been doing good until he decided to go to Switzerland, where he was promptly arrested and now awaits extradition to California to face the music. The trouble is, France wants him back, they want to continue to hold him free of his crimes. I will say this, this dude has had bad luck with women, his wife, Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson Family, I hope he's gay now...

Speaking of women...David Letterman had to admit on his show last night that he's had sexual relationships with members of his "Late Show" staff because a producer of another threatened to expose him if he didn't pay him $2 million! Who asks for $2 million? Why not 5, 10, $20 million, but $2, I guess he didn't want to seem too greedy.

Letterman, trying to save his job, his marriage and no doubt his millions came clean last night and of course it's big news, but it's not scandal. Letterman married his girlfriend in March after dating her since 1986 and having a son 6 years ago, I think she knows who she married.

I started thinking, what would've happened if Oprah was being extorted for having sex with female staff members? Oops, I meant male staff members. Or, if R. Kelly had been convicted for what we saw and decided to flee to Tanzania, would there be as much debate. A rep for the Director's Union actually said "it was so long ago" and that the woman has forgiven, but wrong is wrong and right is right, but I guess wrong ain't wrong when right is White.

Leave a respond