Who’s Been Asking Bout Me?

Here I am. Yeah, I know I've pulled away from some people and haven't been very responsive, just taking care of some business on my end.  I guess I just have some things that I need to address and in my own time, I'll reach out to those who feel I've pushed them away. It wasn't any one thing that someone did, just a mash up of what's going on in my life, no apologies, no worries, just Teef being Teef.

If You Like It Then You Should've Put a Ring on It

Women trip me out! Two months ago, it was all about being Ms. Independent, now it's if you like it you should've put a ring on it! Don't let the woman with the biggest ring put you in a bad spot. Her man has half a billion dollars! On the other hand, half of your man's check is going to child support! Fact is fact; many of you will never get married or will settle for marriage and end up unhappily ever after. I love it when she got her own…

8 is Enough

On Monday, thousands of people in California rallied in opposition to Proposition 8, an amendment to the state Constitution redefining marriage to a union between man and woman. This was in response to the California Supreme Court decision to recognize gay marriage. Here's my issue: 60% of marriages are failing and with the economy completely unstable, that number is going to continue to rise, anyone should be able to get married. Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered, Midgets, all have the right to be as unhappy as anyone who decides to jump the broom! So, if Wanda Sykes wants to marry her lover in October, they have the right to be separated by May…

The Boycott is Over!

After a year, I've finally thrown in the towel on my protest against cable television and caved in. I'm getting the cable cut back on. Maybe I'm interested in seeing basketball, or possibly it's the fact that I've been relying on the internet for my news, weather, sports, music, movies and just about everything else! Guess I just miss this season of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta', but I'm just in time for the new Keyshia Cole season! I might want to rethink this decision…

Obama Fever

I think the hype has died down a bit, but folks are still talking about traveling to DC in mass for the inauguration. Never mind the fact that the tickets come from Congress and most people don't have any clue who their Congressperson is, let alone how to go about requesting tickets for the event. I suppose people just want to be in the presence of "history". That's another story, I'm pretty sure Ralph Abernathy wasn't walking next to Dr. King telling him that they were making history, they were simply doing what they needed to do for the progression of the people. Thirty years down the road, when we look back over Obama's presidency, I hope what he's remembered for isn't simply being "the first". If that's what is most remembered, then he didn't move the country forward. Sometimes it has to be about more than being first, but being good at what you do.

Leave a respond