It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Before I even get started, I guess they'll be marching again next week, because Mychal Bell was sent back to jail! So, get your black shirts ready, because a judge ruled that he violated his probation and sentenced him to 18 months in a juvenile facility. Seems like that white boy wasn't the only person he had stomped the mess out of...

We're in a wierd space, at least I know that I am, opportunities are abound and I'm not quite sure if I will get the same fulfillment if I was to move past where I am now. I guess its the fear of the unknown, but what I do know is that I'm going to continue to step on toes until I stop breathing, I guess its just my way.

Decisions, decisions! I've been putting alot of thought into the decisions that I make and how many of them are fueled by ego, rather than information and how that translates across the board. The delicate ego of a man can tend to get you into a bit of trouble. It can make you take on too much weight for your shoulders and quite often, steers us wrong. But without ego, how far could man have traveled?

Yet, the fragile psyche of a woman can tend to alienate people or create a caution in some that allows them to be overlooked. Not to say that women haven't traveled a tough journey, but insecurities have an ugly way of showing themselves.

But that's the tie that binds, our insecurities oftentimes causes us to act out. Positively, we perform on levels that we never have, inspired to reach heights we never assumed we could. However, mostly they tend to lead us to dark and ugly spaces where we repluse those around us.

I'd by lying to say that I don't have any insecurities or that I'm not self-conscious, but I'm trying damn hard not to let them drive me, instead I'm driven by a journey for change, changing the lives of those around me and most importantly changing my own. For some people, I am probably the pompous jerk they know or an arrogant son-of-a you know what! But I'm just Teef, love me, hate me, ain't no changing me!

Leave a respond