Memoirs of an Insomniac - Pt. 3 "The Insomniac Returns"

I've been sleeping so good lately, can't explain why, but I'm not complaining. But, as you can see, I'm back at it! It's damn near 4 a.m. and I'm up, sharing my thoughts with you. It's beeen a pretty uneventful week for me, so I'll run through a few things, and try to get some sleep in...

The Ultimate Hustler had it's finale earlier this week and the kid half asian kid Brian won. i will admit, that over the last couple of weeks he stepped his game up and his business pitch to Dame was pretty damn good. He connected with a crew of real estate developers and came up with Dash Estates, a combination commercial/residential building on 125th St. in Harlem. For an egomaniac and cakeaholic, Dame had to eat this up, especially when he started to run numbers and see a profit. Conversely, my boy Dashawn struck out like the Mighty Casey. he pitched an idea for in-car surveilance equipment, presented no financials and was very unclear in stating his pitch. So, the best man won. But, what the hell was up with Brian't shoulder when he was speaking with the mic in his hand and did he really have to mention that his absent dad was black? Something about that just didn't sit right with me.

Next, Ed Lover was first wanted and then turned himself in on assult charges. No big deal I know, until you consider the victim, a 26-year-old woman that his girl was arguing with in a club. The story goes while security was handling the fracas between the women, Ed Lover, jumped the VIP railing and snuffed homegirl! What was he thinking? I know Ed was drinking that brown liquor, when the Remy's in the system...

There are reports that Lou Rawls is on his last legs due to brain and lung cancer. Keep Lou in your prayers. For years, I didn't know that Lou Rawls had songs of his own, because I had always heard him butchering everyone else's work. It's also reported that his estranged wife has been dipping in the cookie jar and he's trying to get a divorce to avoid her from handling his duckets after his death, you think Lou can get to Mexico for a quickie divorce? Get well soon Lou Rawls...

Just a thought, if Lou Rawls passes, who'll become the new host of the UNCF Parade of Stars? I nominate Wayne Brady.

G-Unit's Young Buck struck a plea agreement after stabbing the nigga who stole on Dr. Dre at last year's Vibe award. Turns out DNA and video analysis prove that Buck didn't have the knife that shanked dude, he had a fork! No word on who actually stabbed dude, but we know he didn't suffer four puncture wounds from Buck's salad fork. Damn, Young Buck is really gangster, swinging a damn fork in fight, no word on whether there was still steak on his fork or not.

***WHITE PEOPLE NEWS OF THE WEEK***
Jessica Simpson officially filed for divorce from Nick Lachey citing the all too famous, irreconcilible differences. I guess wanted a chick that could pronounce his last name, because he sure found himself a dumb blonde that go round.

Ashley Simpson passed out while in Japan taping a concert for MTV Japan, maybe all of that live singing is getting to her.


My neck, my back, where has this broad been? Last I heard she was arrested for boosting down in Florida, hope she was looking for a bra!

I heard an interview with Maia Campbell and Wendy Williams the other day it was sad, Maia said she's Bi-Polar and it showed. She claimed to be going through a little separation with her husband that has lasted for a year and a half (that's divorce babygirl!), got at Wendy for asking if she had breast implants, and just rambled on about pretty much nothing. I did find a picture of her that should not be floating around the net and she looks very high!

Leave a respond