Black Like Me

First, let me take a second to thank those of you who were seemingly excited to receive my e-mail yesterday. Next, let me make it known that I did waste an hour of my time watching "For the Love of Ray-J". Finally, for those of you who are new to the list, please read the following disclaimer: I am irreverent, politically incorrect and generally do not give @#$% what anyone thinks about what I say!

With that said, there were quite a few responses that zeroed in on my statement calling Barack Obama, pseudo African-American. It's not like this is the first time I've said something of the sort, but I guess with the whole "my President is Black" movement, some people seem to think that I'm out of line.

I planned on getting into this later this week, but here goes: Barack Obama's father was a Kenyan national and his mom white from Kansas. So, he's an African-American in the truest sense of the word. Much in the way that if P.W. Botha and Caroline Kennedy clan had a child, that child will be African-American as well. Now, you & me, your mama and your cousin too, your preacher and that dude down the street that fixes your car are descendents of African born, American made slaves.

So, Barack's existence and experience has been totally divergent from yours and mine. We know the story, he barely knew his dad, grew up with the family in Hawaii, went Ivy League, stopped calling himself Barry, moved to South Side Chicago, and met a brilliant Black woman named Michelle Robinson. His pedigree and hue is agreeable with White America. Not to devalue or degrade his accomplishments, but a nigga from Harlem, as Black as Wesley Snipes will never be president!

Plus, the sacrificing of Jeremiah Wright still doesn't sit well with me!

Leave a respond